Thursday, May 30, 2013

Whirling Words Trapped

GOOD grey matter or thoughts that linger in a cloud in my head need IMPROV or improving before repeating!  Capturing random encounters that strike me as funny during a normal day at the front counter of code enforcement, is part of what I love about my job! Yes I take a pause here and there, I break out in the giggles while listening to voice mails.  "My mom is my landlord, I have not paid rent for a few months so she has refused to remove the can of oil in the backyard that my ex left, can you make her fix things around here?" We open cases and dispatch officers to handle safety hazards caused by building code failures. Some folks call us about roosters keeping them awake, about dust bunnies under their beds, and some very bored retired people drive around town and take notes on Memorial weekend of anyone with a BBQ in their front yard! Jotting down tidbits that make me laugh, some may translate a rare insight for a worthy blog post. One blog entitled Amazing Words is dedicated to stop the whirl of words that swirl through my grey matter.  Some matter,
most do not.  Some are edited adnauseum, some are deleted, but most are enhanced with oodles of pictures that bring back vivid memories.  A writer needs to write and it does not truly matter if it ever gets published or read – the world wide web is a stage where anybody has the right to write!  My online journal is a fascinating resource for recounting my blessings. Moments of praise get longer attention because I know my scribbling gets attention from an audience of One, my Lord, whom I aim to please with the contents of my heart and mind. When it comes time to others being inspired or moved to journal their own odyssey of thoughts, I encourage them to trim the fat and get to the meat, the source of all inspiration, GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment