Sunday, February 14, 2016

Lesson of a Hussie

The Scarlett Letter of love contained in God's living Word, is what brands us all with a bond of precious blood. Who signed His name to the letters in the Bible? In chapter 19 in the last revelation of the Bible, it uncovers His name as "The Word of God".  The Godhead encompasses our Father, our Savior Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.  When God spoke and created all that is, His love letter to His creation was for His good purpose. Each Word God dictated through His chosen scribes is Spirit packed!  With great precise intention, it is like a flaming arrow that  pierces and targets the heart, mind an soul. God's Word is purpose filled and divinely directed to strike us where ever we are. IF we are tuned in, IF we are listening for our Father's voice, IF we seek, knock and ask for His advice ~ His Word will stop us from being foolish.  "Come to Me" turn around, and trust in Me and I will lead you and encourage you to..."Walk this way"...Our Father disciplines those He loves.  He restores, refreshes, counsels, and comforts.  He personally knows our name, and He empowers us to change the most stubborn beliefs to conform to His truth,  for His glory and pleasure.  As we surrender more of our mind, our beliefs to the trustworthy care of our Father, we become useful to our Creator, our God, our blessed Savior. This day I woke up in desperate NEED for a heaping portion of God's FRESH mercy. Struggling in my spirit, I was constipated with remorse and I was compelled from within to confess my hypocrisy, my pride, my greed, my disobedience. What keeps me from feeling lost without hope? Because of the Lord's great love, I am NOT consumed with guilt, nor will I perish in the flames of self-deception.  Oh Lord,  I thank You for how You forgive - as far as the East is from the West, my God forgives and forgets. God never brings up my past foepaws, goofups, or poor choices again. Oh Lord, help me forgive myself as I have been forgiven. 
Grace descends from heaven every time we humble ourselves before God, and trust Him like a child does with our cry's for help. Knowing that Jesus intercedes for me at the mercy seat, I feel safe from ever being separated from God. Our Father warns us to get ready because when Jesus returns, He will be quick to testify AGAINST those who deprive justice for the aliens, for God loves all peoples, regardless of country.  Man has border controls, God does not. Woe to those who turn their backs on orphans and widows,  and those who do not forgive as they have been forgiven. God asserted "I the Lord do NOT change...Return to Me, and I will return to you." Malachi 3:6-7 and a lovely Word from Lamentations 3:22-23 -- The truth is that I am human, and I fall from GRACE at the wise old age of 62 more times that I ever fell down trying to walk at the prime age of two. But because of my Father's unwarranted mercy, my life can be in a chaotic crisis, in the midst of crazy circumstances that are terribly tangled and tarnished by rusty old sins...but when I awake and surrender my desperate situation to Jesus and proclaim my need for His unsurpassed mercy, He quickly crushes me with unrelenting grace and indisputable forgiveness. Instantly, after He has listened to the unspoken needs of my heart, along with my profession of remorse for my ways, for how I think I offended Him, or did wrong...He literally transforms my chaos moment on my knees into a marvelous message to be TOLD. My Father's enduring love is for everyone. All of us sin daily, and our Father knows we should all be wearing a Scarlet Letter to keep us from ever feeling superior to anyone. Today in my
study of Malachi by Lisa Harper, she points us to a Word in Nehemiah 13:15-31 – What is this wicked thing you do?  Is it GREED? Placing your passion on hoarding money, and withholding your first earnings from God? Is your wickedness DISOBEDIENCE? Adultery, or getting married to a foreigner, someone who does not hold your beliefs?  Is it your PRIDE for what you have accomplished on your own? What IF your transgressions were known to all in your small town and you were forced to wear  the RED letter of G for greed, or a P for pride…on your daily apparel? IF we all had to wear red letters that identified our weaknesses, we would probably be more likely to NOT cast the first stone, or to condemn others for their rotten choices. Hester acted by Demi Moore arrives overseas from England. As Hester waits for her husband - who is due to follow shortly after - she falls for a young minister, Arthur played by Gary Oldman.  Finding herself pregnant with Arthur’s child, Hester is imprisoned. Hester is sentenced to wear a scarlet "A" for Adulteress.    Did not Jesus forgive the prostitute. How about Joshua 6:25?Hester is shamed by having a drummer boy follow her whenever she walked in town. Meanwhile, Hester's husband acted by Robert Duvall resurfaces from war prison. Learning of the scandal, he fraudulently presents himself as a doctor. Doctor Roger begins seeking his revenge.  Dr Roger eventually murders an innocent male leaving his wife Hester's home. The doctor scalps the man to implicate the Indians.  Infuriated by this atrocity, the colonists declare war on the Indians and Roger, distraught by the severe consequences of his action, promptly commits suicide.  Hester is nearly hanged, but the minister Arthur saves her neck by confessing that he is the father of her child.  Arthur takes Hester’s place on the gallows. We all NEED to be honest and confess our dark secrets, and be FREED by Jesus, just like the thief on the cross.  AMEN




"His eyes are like blazing fire, and on His head are many crowns.  He has a name WRITTEN on Him that NO ONE knows but He Himself.  He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is the Word of God."  Revelation 19:12-14 NIV  ---The eyes of Jesus can see our souls. He knows the content of our heart more clearly than we do. Our Creator knows our needs before we can even begin to articulate them to Him.  Jesus wears many crowns, the Father is in Him, and He is in the Father, and He is the promised Holy Spirit who came upon us, to be with us always. We will NEVER be forsaken, mislead, or
misinformed by God. When we fully submit to His mercy, grace, wisdom, power, and authority ---over all knowledge gained aside from His, then Jesus delivers personal, supernatural understanding.  Jesus as God does NOT possess love, or have love in His heart, He is Love, He is compassion, He is mercy, He is grace. God loved us first and His greatest command is for us to love ourselves and one another as our Father, Son, and Holy Spirit loves us ~ full of power, authority, grace.  He is consistent in compassion, understanding, patience and mercy. Jesus Christ asks us "Do you love me?" If you love Me, follow Me. Submit to Me alone and be humble and care more for what I say than the scholars.  Feed upon My Word, quench your thirst to know if you are loved as you are, I will give you the truth, I will satisfy your hearts desires, I am sufficient to fulfill all your needs. Come to Me when you feel heavy with burdens, and I will give you rest.”  Are you listening to what the Spirit is saying?  One Word from Him, and your life will be changed day, by day throughout eternity. A wise Word from Proverbs 28:13 "Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, 
but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy." 


No comments:

Post a Comment