Sunday, February 21, 2021

Imagine Your Last Breath

Imagine entering into the holy Presence of God.  Imagine that you were very sick for a long while and you closed your eyes and woke up in heaven!  Or, just imagine that you were enjoying the day like you had not in a long while, and suddenly you lose your breath. A deep sharp pain in your chest causes you to drop cold to the floor and then your spirit rises with several surprises "look down there, that is my body on the ground...and I am floating up into a brilliant Light and I feel calm, warmly embraced, deeply comforted, genuinely treasured, softly nurtured, absolutely understood, dearly cherished, completely forgiven, totally honored, happily welcomed, instantly perfected, and unconditionally loved ALL at once! God told us in His living word "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" Now, just imagine, that without hesitation or any regret your sense of self dissolves
as your soul is enveloped by the Light of the world, and you are aware of Jesus more than ever before. Imagine standing submerged in His Presence while knowing Jesus and experiencing God so powerfully that you fall to your knees in a state of genuine worship.  Imagine all thoughts and feelings as a human melting into the brilliance of His glory.  Imagine having all your questions answered without asking. Imagine experiencing God's promises fulfilled as your soul is filled with unprecedented peace.  Imagine feeling "at home" for the first time in your life while feeling "safe" and "free" to live eternally in the unequaled beauty and unmatched Love of God. How compassionate of my Father to lead me to the words to write about my son Jason's experience as he took his last breath.  Our heavenly Father loves us, He knows us and He provides all that we need to be comforted in this world. A song we sang at church today: “There’s a Peace I've come to know, though my heart and flesh may fail, there is an anchor for my soul
and I can say “it is well”.  Jesus has overcome and the grave is overwhelmed, the victory is won.  He is risen from the dead.  And I will rise when He calls my name, no more sorrows, no more pain.  I will rise on eagles’ wings, before my God, fall on my knees, and rise, I will rise.  There is a day that is drawing near, when this darkness breaks to light, and the shadows disappear…and my faith shall be my eyes, and I hear the voice of many angels sing, “worthy is the Lamb” And I will rise when He calls my name, no more sorrow, no more pain.  I will rise on eagles’ wings, before my God, fall on my knees.  And rise, I will rise.”  Chris Tomlin lyrics “I will Rise” -- In the book 'Jesus is Calling' on April 20, 2016 the day of Jason's last breath it is written:"Do NOT be afraid, for I am with you.  Hear Me saying Peace, be still to your inquiring and restless heart.  No matter what happens, I will never leave you or forsake you.  Let this assurance soak into your mind and heart, until you overflow with Joy. The media relentlessly proclaims bad news, but the Good News is that Jesus came to give us eternal Life in Him. Let Scripture saturate your mind and heart, and you will walk steadily into your ultimate destination. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment