Sunday, August 3, 2014

WORTHY by Sandi Patty

Like the woman at the well, Somehow You knew the way I fell,
into a place I did not want to be...and You reached for me,
Like the woman once condemned, You see what I have been...
and cast away the stones, I so deserved, with gentle words...
You know the secrets that I keep, The darkness underneath...
But still it is Light and Love You choose to see....

HELP me to believe...
that I am worthy,
Worthy of this mercy...
And as You breathed me into being, You knew my life would need redeeming,
LOVE was all You were believing, and heaven was singing, singing...
I am Worthy...I am worthy...I am worthy...
Worthy that You love me...
Worthy to be loved,
Worthy of this mercy,
Worthy of the cross You carried for me,
The way that you adore me, I am worthy,
Worthy that You love me,
in the eyes that speak ONLY what is GOOD in me....

Jesus came to serve man, to wash us from sin. When He encountered the woman at the well, the woman who had slept with many men, who hid in shame...their encounter encourages us that we can all be forgiven IF we just ask.  JOHN 4:" the Samaritan woman said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask me for a drink since I am a Samaritan woman?” (For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.) Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”  She said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with and the well is deep; where then do You get that living water? “You are not greater than our father Jacob, are You, who gave us the well, and drank of it himself and his sons and his cattle?”  Jesus answered and said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life. The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, so I will not be thirsty nor come all the way here to draw.” He said to her, “Go, call your husband and come here.” The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.” Jesus said to her, “You have correctly said, ‘I have no husband’; for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; this you have said truly.” Obediently I responded to a personal request that I sing in the church choir on Sunday July 28, 2014. Surprised to be asked because I am absolutely tone deaf, I sang out confidently with gusto to my Lord.  I was also the reader of scripture that day, and even though my voice trembled, the Holy Spirit delivered the worthy Word to all hearts thirsty hearts attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment